Pages

Monday, September 20, 2010

My New Addition

I should be working on a freelance project I am trying to get off my plate - instead I can't stop reading about you all out there who, through sharing your stories, help me maintain my sanity. There is such a difference in the level of anxiety I am experiencing - I can't help but feel that part of it has to do with having your stories to turn to every day. I don't feel so isolated and singled-out anymore. You all know exactly how I'm feeling - in fact I'm often struck by how similar our reactions are. It seems we all travel through the same stages - maybe not in the same order or for the same amount of time, but we've all been "there" in one way or another.

I am comforted by your presence.

----------

In other news, I have shifted the focus of my anxiety from an addition to the family to an entirely different kind of addition - the addition/renovation of my house. Pictured to the left is my house which, if you've read even one of my posts, you probably know is a 40 min. drive outside of the metropolitan area in which I work. I hate the commute and I can't stop talking about it.

Presently, it is a cute, quaint country cottage, but it desperately needs a master bedroom, a kitchen with a dishwasher, and waaaaayyyy more closets.

I guess this suffices as a "before" picture.  Perhaps, if you all seem interested, I will keep posting updates on the "addition I can control. " Who knows, maybe in 9 months I will have a new addition to brag about irrespective of my dumb old eggs.

-----------

My boobs are no longer hurting. I feel stupid for thinking I was pregnant for that reason. The boob smashing test is just not reliable (shock! gasp! splutter! what is that you say!?). Yes, I'm sorry but it's true; don't go making an ass of yourself all over blog land if all you have to go by is the boob-smash gauge.

Let's see if I can spare you the merry-go-round of predictions till I know for sure.

Asta la pasta  

2 comments:

Lucie said...

I felt totally alone before I discovered blogs, both writing my own and reading others. Infertility kind of feels like an affliction, or contagious disease, and no one wants to talk about it in person... blogs are an odd kind of comfort, but I'll take it!

Very exciting about your house reno - I can attest that it helps to divert your attention. We recently finished a year long kitchen renovation and gutted ours (some of it original - but falling to pieces - from the 30's). It was a good way to channel energy somewhere else, especially since we did alot of it ourselves. I LOVE an old house (and, in fact, am actually obsessed by them) - yours is adorable and I can't wait to see the after!

P.S. I'm a huge D*S fan. Hope you can enjoy it again... Hey, might see your place up there from the sounds of it :)

Leslie said...

I love your porch!! I'm not sure if it's worth the commute, but ALMOST. I need to drink wine on it, and talk into the night... yeah, that sounds heavenly...

I also am reading blogs instead of writing my paper. So yeah.

Ah, boob smashing. I am STILL doing it (and checking my t.p. religiously). I agree that it means nothing, but it's all we've GOT.

Post a Comment